The images, obtained by CBS News, further show the extent of Hodler’s access to the ex-president and his inner circle in the weeks before and after the January 6 Capitol riot.
Holder is set to appear for a private deposition before the January 6 select committee on Thursday after complying with the panel’s subpoena for his raw footage of anything related to the Capitol attack as well as his interviews with Trump, his adult children and son-in-law Jared Kushner and then-Vice President Mike Pence.
The filmmaker captured dozens of hours of footage during his time following the president and his team, and CBS confirmed that there are at least 11 hours of straight-to-camera interviews with Trump and his family.
Footage includes what Holder and his team captured on the Capitol grounds in the midst of the attack on January 6, 2021.
Further proving the extent of access is an image obtained and published Thursday by Politico Playbook of a name place card for Holder on Air Force One, which every guest receives when they fly aboard the president’s plane.
Trump world was rocked by the existence of the footage, with one former top 2020 official for Trump exclaiming ‘What the f*** is this?’ in a text message to Rolling Stone, according to a Tuesday article.
Images obtained by CBS News show still grabs from documentary footage of Alex Holder interviewing Donald Trump
Another image revealed Thursday shows Holder interviewing Trump’s daughter and former White House senior adviser Ivanka Trump for his documentary on the final months of the ex-president’s reelection campaign
Many top Trump aides for the campaign and administration told the publication they were completely unaware that a documentary was being created or that there was a crew following around the president in the final months of his time in office.
Revelations of the footage also sparked the January 6 panel to add more hearings to the docket in July to delve into the new information.
Thursday afternoon the panel will hold its fifth hearing after kicking off a series of at least eight earlier this month. But the number of public and televised hearings will now increase with the hours of documentary footage and testimony from Holder.
Holder’s project on Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign and the final weeks of his presidency will be released on a popular streaming service this summer in a three-part series.
The select committee subpoenaed the raw footage from Holder’s team of anything related to the attack that day as well as interviews with the former president, former vice president, Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr .
Holder released a statement Tuesday saying that he fully cooperated with the subpoena and handed over the footage – he is also meeting with the panel for an interview on Thursday.
Ivanka, according to The New York Times, said in the documentary that her father should ‘continue to fight until every legal remedy is exhausted’ because people were questioning ‘the sanctity of our elections.’
Her interview was conducted on December 10, 2020, which was nine days then-former Attorney General Bill Barr said there was no widespread voter fraud that could affect the 2020 presidential election outcome.
In recorded questioning with January 6 investigators, Ivanka said Barr’s comments ‘affected my perspective’ of the 2020 election.
‘I respect Attorney General Barr so I accepted what he said,’ she said at the time.
Stephanie Grisham, who was at the time First Lady Melania Trump’s chief of staff, told Rolling Stone she wasn’t aware of this documentary project.
The January 6 select committee (pictured on Tuesday, June 21, 2022) obtained the footage that many of his senior officials were not even aware was being filmed. They will interview Holder in a private deposition on Thursday
Holder said in a Tuesday statement that he handed over his raw footage, which the panel subpoenaed on June 15, and is cooperating with the investigation
Holder’s three-part project will be released on a popular streaming service this summer
One former senior Trump official said that revelations on Tuesday of the subpoena was the first time several members of the ex-president’s campaign leadership even heard of the documentary project – including two officials who were still working in the administration after the January 6 attack.
Another former official told Rolling Stone that the whole documentary is a ‘terrible idea’ and said they were unaware of the film and shocked to learn of its existence.
Despite the ignorance to the documentary, the panel probing the former administration’s actions related to the Capitol riot is now using it as evidence and the three-part project is set to be released on a streaming service this summer.
The committee is holding its fifth hearing on Thursday afternoon and will feature testimony from at least three former Justice Department officials Richard Donoghue, Steve Engel and Jeff Rosen.
Donoghue was Trump’s acting deputy attorney general, Engel was an attorney for Trump’s DOJ and Rosen was the former president’s acting attorney general – all were serving over a time period that included January 6, 2021.
Holder was granted extensive access to Trump and his closest allies – including his family members and the vice president – and now the committee probing the January 6 attack wants to see what he captured.
The panel sent a subpoena to Holder on June 15, Politico first reported on Tuesday.
The subpoena demanded three things – the first being any footage Holder and his colleagues took in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021.
Secondly, the panel told him to turn over any raw footage of interviews Holder had with Trump, his sons Eric and Don Jr., his daughter and senior adviser Ivanka, his senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner and his No. 2 Mike Pence.
The committee also asked Holder to hand over ‘any raw footage pertaining to discussions of election fraud or election integrity surrounding the November 2020 presidential election.’
Existence of the footage has previously gone unreported.
A source familiar with Holder’s footage told Playbook on Monday that the documentary maker began filming on the campaign trail in September 2020 for a project on the former president’s reelection efforts. In relation to the project, he had a substantial amount of access to Trump, his children and Pence over several months on the campaign trail and in the White House.
The British filmmaker responded to news of the subpoena in a public statement on Tuesday, claiming that he had no ‘agenda’ going into the project other than documenting the final six weeks of Trump’s reelection campaign.
‘We simply wanted to better understand who the Trumps were and what motivated them to hold onto power so desperately,’ Holder explained in his statement on the matter, which he posted to Twitter.
He added: ‘We have dutifully handed over all the materials the Committee has asked for and we are fully cooperating.’
The three-part series titled Unprecedented will be released this summer on a ‘major streaming service’, according to the statement.
The January 6 panel is also asking for raw footage of anything with Trump’s senior advisers Ivanka Trump, his daughter (left), and Jared Kushner, his son-in-law (right). Both pictured above appearing before the panel for recorded testimony that was presented in the televised hearings this month
The subpoena also demands footage of Mike Pence and ‘any raw footage pertaining to discussions of election fraud or election integrity surrounding the November 2020 presidential election’